Free 5 Part SERVPRO Checklist For Basement Flooding
This post will evaluate what property owners should consider before, during, and after Beavercreek flooding occurs. As a reputable storm damage restoration company in Dayton, Ohio, we believe that homes damaged by powerful storms should seek assistance from a reputable restoration company to repair the damage.
In Ohio, hazardous weather conditions can cause river flooding, wind damage, ice damming, and floodwater to damage your property. In the winter months, ice damage and hail damage are the leading cause of Ohio storm damage.
5 Part Checklist For Basement Flooding
- Make safety a priority. Before you call your local SERVPRO for water restoration services from flooding, it is essential to check if power lines surrounding your property are down before any storm remediation occurs. Take extra precautions around broken down electrical lines. Please refrain from making contact with any fallen electrical lines. Water is a conductor for electrical currents; a single touch can send high voltage through the human body, causing severe damage.
- Assess your roof for damage. Once storm damage occurs in Ohio, it is essential to have a professional inspect your roof for damage and roof leaks. When a professional gets on site, he will be checking for missing shingles and fallen branches that have hit the roof or gutters. In severe cases, especially in the winter months, hail damage or ice damage can cause holes in the roof of your home. When you call a SERVPRO professional to inspect your roof, it will also be useful to have the professional evaluate the property for any other potential damages like frozen pipes.
- Contact your Insurance Agent ASAP. Anytime there is damage to your home, it is best to see if your Insurance company can cover the damages. SERVPRO has partnerships with a wide array of insurance companies and will help with your home insurance claim.
- Inspect Your Belongings. After a flood occurs in your home or business, it is most likely that some of your personal belongings have undergone water damage. We have helped customers process claims that included damage to computers, televisions, and cell phones. With the proper documentation and pictures, your insurance company should approve restoration to all your electronics that have suffered damages.
- Check for Your Property For Wind Damage. Wind damage can cause damage by flying debris colliding with your property. Storm damage can create cracked windows, holes, and damage to your properties roof. Restoration professionals know that wind damage weakens walls and causes wall slants or cracks, resulting in more repairs if not assessed quickly.
Types of Storm Damage in Ohio
Ohio sufferers from multiple different types of storms a year. Depending on the kind of storm will dictate the type of home restoration needed.
Types of storm damages include:
- Hurricane Damage
- Tornado Damage
- Hail Damage
- Ice Damage
- Damage from river flooding
- Wind Damage
As the weather starts to change, the storm damage professionals at SERVPRO are ready to handle any size disaster. In the winter months, snowstorms can cause frozen pipes to expand and possibly burst. Anytime you notice a frozen pipe, it is best to turn the water off and call a plumbing professional to repair the frozen pipe.
If your home or business has suffered damage from a storm, it is best to call a reputable company like SERVPRO. SERVPRO of East Dayton/Beavercreek is independently owned and operated by the Shooter brothers. There is no damage size that SERVPRO crews can't handle.
Call us at (937) 228-3433.
More About Dayton.